Share the #love and tell a friend!
This past Saturday I had the opportunity to participate in the Indie Love in the A Soiree. It was my first big book signing and it was so cool to meet so many readers who showed so much love, especially to us indies. There's a story in here somewhere about this event and events like it... stay tuned.
In the meantime, check out a few pics.
Get it? On deck. I took a picture of my books sitting on my deck. Get it? Ha! Okay, I'll stop now.
But seriously, this Saturday, June 18th I'll be at the Riverside Epi Center in Austell from 12 p.m. until 5 p.m. for the Indie Love in the A Soiree. Not only are 10 of your favorite indie authors from across the country going to be there, but Rae Lamar and I will be hosting an intimate chat from 1-1:50 p.m. So get there early and don't miss out on the fun!
Release day for the Friends-to-Lovers Collection, Because My Heart Said So is finally here! So in honor of the occasion, I've come up with six snappy reasons why you should rush to Amazon and one-click immediately! Here goes...
1. Who doesn't love a good friends-to-lovers story? Even people who think romance is all Fabio and mommy porn (those people are wrong and possibly wack, BTW) love a good friends-to-lovers story. Seriously. TNT loves friends-to-lovers stories so much they play When Harry Met Sally 48 times per week.
2. #4Writers4Love means there are four writers with very specific writing styles coming together for one collection. If that doesn't float your boat, there's a hole in it because that's super cool. Nia and her jaw-dropping character building, Lily and her poetic prose, Rae and her straight-forward wit and insight and me with, well... the soulful emotion that makes a relationship go. No matter what style of writing you dig, there's probably a lil' somethin' here for you.
3. We formed like Voltron to make this book happen. Okay, no Voltron-forming happened, I just really wanted to say that because it sounds gangster as hell. The point is-- it's always cool, in my opinion at least, when writers come together to collaborate on projects. You get a little taste of what each writer brings to the table and that usually makes for a delicious meal, sorta like the one Aunt Bertha Mae makes on Thanksgiving or when cousin Junior returns home from wherever cousin Junior has been. That said, be on the look out for collaborations from Christina C. Jones and Love Belvin, as well as collabs from Delaney Diamond, Candace Shaw and a few others. Super yay!
4. These are full-length novellas. We're not shorting you on pages. This book is 5-freaking-hundred pages long. Of course we're used to our own Nia Forrester pushing out the long (and quite wonderful) books (Commitment, anyone?) but Because My Heart Said So isn't slacking in the page or story department, trust.
5. The stories are all heartfelt and real. Of course, I could be saying that because I'm involved in the project but it's true. There's an element of honesty to each of these stories--Acceptable Losses, Blind Expectations, Blackbirds and Blur. Maybe that's the driving element of all of our work—our desire to tell real, relatable,complicated stories with love always at the center.
6. We could all use a little love. Yes, that sounds like the making of a corny John Legend tune (I actually love John Legend, so no diss) but in these times, who are we kidding? I haven't watched the news in days because my heart simply can't take it. I'm literally tearing up right now as I type this because we live in a world that can be incredibly harsh and ugly, and it seems as though we become more and more aware of that daily. Reading is great escapism. Not escapism that produces apathy, but escapism that allows us to take a deep breath and keep moving. Because My Heart Said So can be your deep exhale.
ONE-CLICK BECAUSE MY HEART SAID SO NOW!
(And when you're finished reading, please #SupportIndieAuthors by leaving a review on Amazon and Goodreads! )
Happy Sunday everyone!
I'm having a book chat for Finding Kennedy tonight at 7 p.m. EST. The chat is taking place exclusively in the Because My Heart Said So Facebook group, so click the link to join what should be a cool, animated discussion. And, in case you forgot, Because My Heart Said So will be available on June 15th! That's this coming Wednesday. I'm so excited for you all to read it! Hopefully you've already joined the FB group because we've been sharing teasers and excerpts for the past month.
Anyway, hope to see you tonight at 7 p..m.! If you've already read Finding Kennedy please consider leaving your thoughts onAmazon and Goodreads!