Release day for the Friends-to-Lovers Collection, Because My Heart Said So is finally here! So in honor of the occasion, I've come up with six snappy reasons why you should rush to Amazon and one-click immediately! Here goes...
1. Who doesn't love a good friends-to-lovers story? Even people who think romance is all Fabio and mommy porn (those people are wrong and possibly wack, BTW) love a good friends-to-lovers story. Seriously. TNT loves friends-to-lovers stories so much they play When Harry Met Sally 48 times per week.
2. #4Writers4Love means there are four writers with very specific writing styles coming together for one collection. If that doesn't float your boat, there's a hole in it because that's super cool. Nia and her jaw-dropping character building, Lily and her poetic prose, Rae and her straight-forward wit and insight and me with, well... the soulful emotion that makes a relationship go. No matter what style of writing you dig, there's probably a lil' somethin' here for you.
3. We formed like Voltron to make this book happen. Okay, no Voltron-forming happened, I just really wanted to say that because it sounds gangster as hell. The point is-- it's always cool, in my opinion at least, when writers come together to collaborate on projects. You get a little taste of what each writer brings to the table and that usually makes for a delicious meal, sorta like the one Aunt Bertha Mae makes on Thanksgiving or when cousin Junior returns home from wherever cousin Junior has been. That said, be on the look out for collaborations from Christina C. Jones and Love Belvin, as well as collabs from Delaney Diamond, Candace Shaw and a few others. Super yay!
4. These are full-length novellas. We're not shorting you on pages. This book is 5-freaking-hundred pages long. Of course we're used to our own Nia Forrester pushing out the long (and quite wonderful) books (Commitment, anyone?) but Because My Heart Said So isn't slacking in the page or story department, trust.
5. The stories are all heartfelt and real. Of course, I could be saying that because I'm involved in the project but it's true. There's an element of honesty to each of these stories--Acceptable Losses, Blind Expectations, Blackbirds and Blur. Maybe that's the driving element of all of our work—our desire to tell real, relatable,complicated stories with love always at the center.
6. We could all use a little love. Yes, that sounds like the making of a corny John Legend tune (I actually love John Legend, so no diss) but in these times, who are we kidding? I haven't watched the news in days because my heart simply can't take it. I'm literally tearing up right now as I type this because we live in a world that can be incredibly harsh and ugly, and it seems as though we become more and more aware of that daily. Reading is great escapism. Not escapism that produces apathy, but escapism that allows us to take a deep breath and keep moving. Because My Heart Said So can be your deep exhale.
ONE-CLICK BECAUSE MY HEART SAID SO NOW!
(And when you're finished reading, please #SupportIndieAuthors by leaving a review on Amazon and Goodreads! )
Leave a Reply.