On March 25th I'll be in Philly for a really cool event, Wine with Writers! I'm super excited to be participating, and hopefully I'll even have the opportunity to meet and drink with some of you. That said, below are my Top 5 Reasons to Attend Wine with Writers.
1. There'll be wine. I don't think this reason needs any further explanation.
2. We'll talk about Ben Carson, The Sunken Place and Remy Ma. Okay, so there's a good chance we won't talk about any of those things or people but we'll have a really great discussion because the panel topic is dope-- Romance, Realism & Portrayal of African American Women in Popular Fiction. Doesn't that sound fancy and important?
3. There'll be wine. So yeah, even though I'm excited to be on the panel with smart, passionate, cultured, yet cool women, we'll all be drinking wine. And people start getting loose when there's alcohol. Don't expect some stiff lecture-style thing-- we'll definitely be keeping it all the way real.
4. There'll be books. I'll be there with a few of my most recent titles and so will the immensely talented authors, Nia Forrester, Tia Kelly, Lily Java and Ashley M. Coleman. We will sign these books and we will have them available for you to purchase! Yay books!
5. There'll be wine. What kind you ask? The drinking kind.
Click here to RSVP and for more details on the Philly edition of Wine with Writers.