Yep! I'll be having a Q&A courtesy of Behind The Pen's Intimate Sessions in Atlanta on Feb. 20th. The event will be hosted by one of my favorite writer people, author/journalist Bria Felicien. It should be super dope. RSVP and come through- space is limited.
RSVP HERE: https://behindthepenintimatesessions.splashthat.com/
Also... Loving Cassie's audiobook is live—narrated by the super talented Jakobi Diem + Wesleigh Siobhan. You can grab it now here: https://amzn.to/2sGxGem
I've written a few Glimpses for The Prototype series—basically one for each couple. I mentioned it in the last newsletter but I've released the first two Love Below glimpses--Bam+Cassie from Loving Cassie and Devin+Willow from Keeping Willow.
Please remember that these are super short glimpses into these characters lives. I've gotten a lot of questions about the band, and where they are now, what's up with them, etc. so this gave me a chance to catch up with them a little bit. These are not full novels or novellas but they are more than simple drop-ins... which is why I'm calling them a Glimpse. I enjoyed writing them and hope you dig them too.
•GRAB THE LOVE BELOW: BAM+CASSIE, GLIMPSE 1
•GRAB THE LOVE BELOW: DEVIN+WILLOW, GLMPSE 2
**If you're already subscribe to my newsletter, then this is old news for you-- there was also an exclusive giveaway to people who are subscribed to my newsletter . What's the point here? You should subscribe to my newsletter HERE!
So, I decided to go ahead and compile the previous holiday-themed shorts I'd written into one place. I dunno why I hadn't done that before, honestly. If you've been following me for a while, you probably have already read them all. If not, as I said, these are shorts that I wrote a while ago. I liked some of them so much, I turned them into books. The Night Before and Blind Expectations were based on two of the shorts here.
So yeah, hit the link if you're inclined. These are no longer free reads on this site, so this is pretty much the only place you have access to them. Enjoy!
FREE DOWNLOAD: https://BookHip.com/WPLDTH
Keeping Willow, the third book in The Prototype series will be available on 12.31.19! The book will also be narrated by Wesleigh Siobhan and Jakobi Diem and follows the story of the band's drummer/founder, Devin Walker as he falls for his best friend’s college roommate, Willow Harden.
• Pre-order here: https://amzn.to/38AkGal
•Listen to a sample here: https://tantor.com/keeping-willow-jacinta-howard.html
Finding Kennedy will be available in audio on November 19th! The book will be narrated by Jakobi Diem and Wesleigh Siobhan, and I'm super excited for y'all to hear it.
• Pre-order here: https://amzn.to/32srOS4.
Happiness In Jersey, is now available on Audible!
I'm super excited that this series is getting new life. When I first wrote this book, the only thing I knew for sure was that I wanted to tell Jersey's story. I didn't expect that it'd turn into a full series when I wrote that first chapter, but by the time I was about half way through the story (and digging into the truth behind Jersey's customary snark), I knew I had something that could be expanded.
Five years and four books later, we'll finally get to hear the Prototype's journey into love, adulthood and fame. I love these characters and their journeys so much-- I can't wait for you all to experience it in a totally new way.
This book, and the rest of the series, will be narrated by talented voice actress, Wesleigh Siobhan. The super talented Jakobi Diem will show up for Finding Kennedy, Keeping Willow and Loving Cassie. Finding Kennedy releases on November 19th.
If you're into it, take a listen + buy Happiness In Jersey here---> https://amzn.to/2NjWmRs.
On Saturday we (myself, Nia Forrester and Lily Java) hosted Wine with Writers for the second time in Atlanta—and it was so dope. The panelists, the authors who came and dedicated their time, and of course, the readers, made it awesome and memorable. Here are five reasons why it goes down as one of my favorites.
1. The panel. The author panel this year was fire. We talked #blackloverevolution and man, when I say these women brough the heat... I'm not even joking. Joan Vassar, Piper Huguley and Nako were just phenomenal as they broke down the importance of celebrating black love, exploring and bringing the full humanity of black folks to their work, and so much more. At one point, my husband Mike literally shouted, "Joan for president!"—that's how ill she was with the breakdown. Hats off these incredibly smart, wise, women, and the books they create and share with us.
2. The volunteers were incredible. I feel like I can't say it enough—THANK YOU so much to everyone who volunteered and made this event a success. I can't front- I'm not the best at asking for help. I'm a pretty self-contained, do it all myself kind of person (which is not good, btw). But the second I asked you for help, you came through, with no hesitation, smiling, and down for whatever, and I am so, so thankful for you. This would not have worked without y'all, period, and that isn't lost on me. Kristen, Ciarra Hodges, Terri Gordon-Winston-- I love y'all for real (thanks for the pictures, Terri) And to my husband Mike, who was invaluable before, during and after the event-- keeping things moving, lifting and moving heavy stuff, helping with organization, taking great photos, etc., etc., etc., and on and on and on... Thank you. I married well.
3. The readers! I'm always blown away when people tell me they drove from other states to attend Wine with Writers. I know for sure we had folks from Alabama (hi, Enecia!), Houston (hi, Kay!), TN (hi, Vanita!), and North Carolina... and I'm sure I've missed some places. Like, you have no idea how humbled we are by your support of this indie author community. You are all awesome and inspiring.
4. The authors. Beyond the panel, there were a lot of writers in the house. Special shout out to incredibly talented writers DL White and Michelle Mitchell who were in attendance signing books, and just generally being dope. Your live readings were both fantastic and added a special element to the night. Sharon C. Cooper, Lauren H. Kelly, Chicki Brown, Chelle Ramsey, and more who I may be missing, thanks for showing up and supporting-- your presence was super appreciated.
5. Peters Street Station is awesome. Seriously, the staff was so kind and helpful-- and they're so supportive of the black creative community in Atlanta, they deserve a special shout out. So does that dope mural on the side of the building by @thepainterbae, which sums up the entire event... "Hey Brown Girl, You're Beautiful" ...
Guess what? Wine With Writers is headed back to Atlanta on Nov. 2, 2019! I'm super excited about this, obviously. The previous events have been so great, and the Wine With Writers that we held in Atlanta back in 2018 was really, really dope. I'm expecting more of the same this year because our theme is super timely—Black Love Revolution: A Million And One Stories To Tell.
Hosted by myself, Nia Forrester and Lily Java, this year we'll be joined by acclaimed authors, Joan Vassar, Nako, and Piper Huguley to discuss Black Love as a revolutionary concept from a historical and contemporary context. This year's event will be at Peters Street Station, and as usual, we'll have unlimited wine, light bites, jamming music and intimate conversation for folks who love books and want to mingle with the writers who create the worlds they love so much.
New this year, we'll also have an Author Salon which will feature authors DL White, Tasha L. Harrison, Shakir Rashaan, and Michelle Mitchell. They'll be on hand all evening to sign books.
Like I said, I'm really excited about this year's event. If it sounds like your jam, make sure you come through on Nov. 2. Click the button below to register. Space is limited.
Sooo... Guess what? Turns out I'll be at Indie Love in the A 2019! It was a last minute addition but I'm happy to once again take part in one of the most important indie romance events around. If you're in Atlanta (or nearby), you should come through. It's happening on June 22nd and registration ends on June 1. Register here for Indie Love: https://www.indielovee.com/indie-love-atl-2019
I will have VERY LIMITED copies of my books on hand, so if you're planning on coming, please consider pre-ordering! You can pre-order here: https://form.jotform.com/90323923085152