Wine With Writers (Philly Edition) was so incredibly dope... hands down my favorite event of the year so far. And why wouldn't it be? Take a look at all of the things that made it so cool.
1. Readers came from near and far. Seriously, folks traveled from other states to chat, sip and hang with me, Nia Forrester, Ashley Coleman, Lily Java and Tia Kelly. On all of those days that I'm stuck inside of my head, feeling down, feeling wack, I'll remember this day in Philly- when reading readers came and said a lot of super nice things about all of us and our books.
2. Nia Forrester. Nia Forrester (who spearheaded Wine With Writers with the first ever event in DC) spilled the beans on her writing process, how her experiences influence her writing and let everyone know about Keisha. Y'all know Keisha.
3. Tia Kelly. Tia Kelly organized/produced the entire event and it was so fantastic and fun. She's so talented. She's also the bomb.
4. Lily Java read a dynamic excerpt from Blackbirds and she should seriously consider a job in voiceovers. Like, seriously.
5. Ashley Coleman broke down why love is a choice. Love with intention, y'all. Listen to Ashley.
6. Wine. Yum.
7. My mom came! I love my mom.
8. The talking. We discussed black lives, black women, writers block, love, relationships, books, romance, fiction, the book industry, wine, insecurities, vulnerabilities, and life. And well, it was awesome to be surrounded by so much intelligence, passion and love.
9. READERS. READERS. READERS. I love readers. Your support, especially for indie authors, is just... it leaves us all speechless. I literally was speechless a few times yesterday, as those of you were there know. Readers are awesome. Readers rock. Readers are dope. Readers read. I love readers.
Long story short... can't wait for the next the installment of Wine With Writers.